Flu can affect 10 to 30 percent of the U.S.. The flu virus can linger in the air for as long as three hours. In close quarters, conditions are ripe for the spread of this virus. That explains why the highest incidence of the flu is in 5- to 18-year-olds, who spend much of their time at school, in close contact with their classmates. The most serious complications occur in older adults, however, especially those in managed care.
Do not give aspirin or other “salicylates” to children or teenagers with symptoms of a cold or flu. Don’t bother taking antibiotics to treat your flu or cold; antibiotics do not kill viruses, and they ought to be used only for bacterial infections. Antibiotic overuse has become a very serious issue, leading to a resistance in disease-causing bacteria that may render antibiotics ineffective for some conditions.
That’s no surprise, considering Americans endure about 1 billion colds each year. The “experts” are using fear and vaccine shortage to inspire individuals to get a flu shot, but this is just another healthcare illusion. Let’s be clear, flu can definitely be a killer disease and isn’t something which ought to be easily dismissed. But, do not forget that flu shots do not prevent illness–never have, never will. The flu vaccine can actually weaken the immune system and make you more predisposed to the disease.
And the side effects of FluMist, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion, irritability, headaches, chills, muscle aches and fever, sound exactly like the symptoms of the flu. If you choose to receive the nasal flu vaccine, you’ll get not only a live flu virus in each dose but also table sugar and MSG, which are fraught with their own issues. If you choose the shot you will get mercury as an additional bonus.
- Detoxify your digestive tract and liver/gallbladder now. Disease often begins in the digestive tract and the liver is the main filter of the body. When either or both of them are lethargic then your body can be ripe for illness. This will prepare your body to easily be able to absorb, use and transport the fantastic food and supplements you will be using. It’s good to do this once a month for 3 months then 2x’s annual. I would also suggest a parasite cleanse especially if you consume a whole lot of non-organic meat.
- Eliminate all sugar. One teaspoon of sugar can bring the immune system down for up to 6 hours. Natural, healthy substitutes for sugar are stevia, agave nectar and Xylitol. It’s ideal for you to meet your taste buds with fresh, organic fruits. Be sure to eat the entire fruit as juicing your fruit will cause your insulin levels to spike. If you crave chocolate odds are you can have a magnesium deficiency.
- Change your diet. Your immune system will flourish on a diet of organic produce. Two raw salads (use dark green leafy lettuce) per day eaten with lunch and dinner can help provide you body with much-needed vitamins and nutrients. Incorporate soups and stews into your daily diet. If you eat meat make certain it’s organic and free-range. Fish ought to be cold-water and consumed no more than twice per week. Farmed raised fish aren’t healthy because the majority of the feed corn originated and thus you won’t receive the benefits of the beneficial fatty acids like DHA and EPA. They also may be exposed to elevated levels of pesticides. Consider taking Chlorella to remove any mercury. If you’re pregnant it’s advised that you not consume fish. Cook with organic, unrefined coconut oil (try to eat 2-3 tablespoons daily) and for salads use organic, unrefined, cold-pressed olive oil. Eliminate pre-packaged foods and those foods that are canned or bagged. Purchase organic, free-range eggs and organic butter. Substitute pasteurized/homogenized milk with almond milk. It is also possible to bake/cook with almond milk.
- Eat a clove of garlic daily. Garlic acts in the body as a natural antibiotic. You have to smash the clove so as to see the immune enhancing properties.
- Drink half your body weight in pure, filtered water daily. Our body is mostly water. We have to put back what we remove through breathing, sweating and urination. Water helps the kidneys to flush toxins from the body. Make certain that you’re drinking pure, filtered water. I recommend dried with organic apple cider vinegar added to replace the minerals lost through distillation.
- Exercise each and every day. Exercise not only helps with blood circulation and to keep unwanted pounds off but can also help with depression. Exercise helps to move the lymph system, which will in-turn move toxins in the body. Walking outdoors in sunlight will help your body with Vitamin D production. For people who don’t experience a whole lot of sunshine it’s strongly recommended that you supplement with Vitamin D under the care of a health professional. An article published by the International Journal of Sports Medicine illustrates the effect exercise can have on infections. In this study, only 45 minutes of brisk walking per day has been shown to lessen the incidence of upper respiratory ailments, cut the length of disease in half and increase organic killer-cell action in people prone to upper respiratory tract infections.
- Adequate Sleep. Almost 80 percent of the population is sleep deprived. Sleep is necessary for our body to repair and heal. The body does the most healing between the hours of 10:00 p.m. 2:00 a.m.. There’s absolutely not any such thing as catching-up on sleep as once it’s lost–it can’t be recovered through marathon sleeping on weekends. Getting adequate rest enables the immune system to fix and be in prime condition.
- Take a excellent organic multi-vitamin/mineral formula, Vitamin C and a Probiotic. Unfortunately eating organically does not always protect us in a perfect way. Depleted soil conditions has definitely affected the nutrients found in our veggies and fruits. I’ve found one which I believe the”Cadillac” when it comes to supplying the body with everything it needs to keep in health. It’s a smart decision to eat 2-3 grams of Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate) daily in divided doses. A good probiotic will help to keep good bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Wash your hands regularly. Wash your hands in the evenings, after each meal, after all excursions, after shaking hands with people, after every trip to the restroom and before bed. Teach your kids to do the same. Don’t use antibacterial soaps. The antibacterial compounds found in most of these soaps sold in america are probably contributing to the spread of bacteria that are senile. Use a excellent organic soap in the health food shop. Wash with warm water and use a nailbrush along the nail line and in-between fingers. Keep fresh, clean towels available to dry hands. Make certain you keep your hands away from the mouth and eyes.
- When away from home, keep a combination of lemon essential oil, lavender essential oil and distilled water (40 drops lemon essential oil and 30 drops lavender essential oil to 4 ounces of distilled water) at a dark-colored, glass, fine-mist spray bottle. Spray hands immediately after trips to grocery stores, doctor, etc. or any time you’re shaking people’s hands. At home, wipe all doorknobs regularly with this mix. Keep a bottle in your home, in the car and at work. We have these available at Oasis Advanced Wellness in a 2- oz bottle for $9.95. Make certain you keep your computer keys and mouse clean constantly. Also keep your cellphone’s (mobile and landline) receivers clean.
- Deal with stress. Repeated stress is among the chief causes of a suppressed immune system. Learn how to manage your stress with exercise, meditation, deep breathing, walks in nature, decent music, Yoga, Pilates and removing yourself from negative circumstances. Refuse to let anyone or any situation to make you stressful.
Supplements which you can incorporate to help with anxiety such as B-Complex, Lithium Orotate or SamE.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. In 1928 Richard Simmons, M.D.. The medical community dismissed his findings. According to Dr. Simmons, contrary to what you may believe or have been taught about how you catch the flu or the cold there is only 1 way which you can catch the two, and that’s via the ear canal not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most have believed. We’ve found good results in curing the flu & cold within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each infected ear, (sometimes only one ear is infected) The H2O2 starts working within 2 to 3 minutes in killing the flu or cold; there will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging occurs. Wait until the bubbling & stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 min) then drain onto tissue and repeat other ear. A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in 3% solution is available at any drug store for a few dollars. Although this method is perfectly safe for infant/children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging frightens them, they’ll need someone they trust to put the hp in their ears.
- Colloidal Silver. Colloidal Silver is antibacterial and anti-viral and has been used for centuries for it’s antibiotic impact on the body. Most brands are extremely expensive and are gold in color. This implies that there are additives in the product. Silver is the whitest of metals and the solution ought to be clear to a small bit white in colour. More PPM doesn’t necessarily create a good colloidal silver. The truth is the lower the PPM the better able for it to penetrate the cell wall. While some will say that silver has no advantage, this isn’t what we’ve found at our residence. Call your health care professional for therapeutic dosages.
- Oregano Oil. Oregano Oil may be as an effective pain reliever as morphine. For sinus congestion or stuffiness put 1 drop of peppermint oil in 1 ounce of warm water. Make sure the oil is dispersed. Place 1-2 drops of the mixture in each nostril and sniff. The mixture will burn for around 30 seconds. This can help to break up sinus congestion. Do this 3-4 times each day and before bed. To take orally drop 3-5 drops in a veggie cap and take with meals three times daily. Oregano Oil is additionally antibacterial and anti-viral.
- Vitamin C. Capsules and powder are best. Take up to bowel tolerance. Taking the recommended dosage on the bottle won’t be sufficient –for preventative purposes, double or triple it. If ill, divide the dose and take some every hourup to 6 g daily.
- Drink a lot of fresh vegetable juice and pure, clean water. Flooding the body with fluids helps to flush out toxins and will also give the body added enzymes (helps with inflammation and pain) and nourishment.
- Premier 8 – Glyconutrients are given the name of “the new class of missing nutrients” or “miracle sugars”. Scores of studies have linked a deficiency of the outstanding sugars to everything from lupus and diabetes to heart disease to cancerfrom ADHD to infertility. Dozens of disorders have been linked to an imbalance of these sugars. This isn’t the same as table sugar. Order the book Miracle Sugars by Rita Elkins for more explanation. Glyconutrients may represent the best of preventative medicine and might help with the following: viral infection, fungal infection, parasitic disease, bacterial disease, micro-bacterial disease, autoimmune disorder. Providing the immune system with the ideal glyconutrients helps it recognize infectious organisms more easily. Remember, it’s the”glycol” or glucose part of our immune cells and invading organisms that move messages. There’s only 1 firm (multi-level) that now offers a similar product for a much higher cost. You can get Premier 8 only through Oasis Advanced Wellness.
- Zinc Lozenges – According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, when using zinc lozenges it’s important to realize that they have to be sucked on, NOT swallowed, and smaller doses taken more frequently appear to work better. Suck on a quarter lozenge every 30 minutes. If started early, this approach appears to work well for nearly all people. One warning: if the lozenges make you nauseous they should be stopped immediately because it is a sign of zinc toxicity. Don’t use zinc lozenges that contain aspartame.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Diffuse eucalyptus essential oil into the air when sleeping through the night. This can help to keep the sinuses and nasal passages open. Additionally it is anti-viral and anti-bacterial. During the day diffuse lemon essential oil in the atmosphere, particularly to keep other family members from getting sick.
If you take preventative measures now you’ll do yourself and your family a big favor. Always be certain that you’re ready if the flu happens to strike you or a relative. If your immune system is functioning at a great level then your”down time” and side effects should be minimal. Talk to your family about the suggestions in this report and then implement as many as possible. You’ll be glad that you started early!