Cold and flu season, yep it is here again: combined with coughing, sniffles, sneezing, infected sinuses, chills and headaches. All of us know about flu shots, and there are those who swear by them and others who swear at them, but maybe this will help. Following are 10 ways (besides cough and cold medicine) to boost your immune system during cold and flu season (with or without flu shots)!
Do you understand the reasons cold and influenza symptoms occur? It’s truly the way your immune system struggles whatever virus you were able to pick up. Fever – Higher temperatures will increase the performance of your immune system and it slows down germ production. Swollen Sinuses – This results from that army of immune cells rushing to combat those nasty germs.
- Drippy Nose – This flushes germs from your body together with the extra mucus being produced. You will need to build up your immune system to lesson and possibly prevent the severity of the flu or a cold. 1. Eat a healthy diet. Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and minimal saturated fats. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- Get enough sleep. Americans are known for being sleep-deprived! 3. Work at keeping your weight, through diet and exercise.
- Get control of your stress level and your blood pressure. Diet and exercise can help here, too.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often. This is one of the best ways to stop germ contamination. Both before and after handling food it’s particularly important to keep your hands clean. Health food stores and respectable sites online offer many homeopathic immune system boosters.
- Natural herbal teas can help clear that stuffy nose, relieve your anxiety, and allow you to sleep while natural expectorants, cough drops that contain lemon, honey or green tea will soothe your cough.
- Vitamins and supplements that don’t contain chemicals, colours and preservatives, can boost your immune system and reduce symptoms when you’ve got a cold. Zinc, vitamin C and numerous vitamins are useful, but not when you take a lot of.
- Quit smoking. Avoid those who smoke when you’ve got a cold or flu, even in the event that you don’t smoke.
- Have regular checkups, especially if you’re elderly or in case you’ve got chronic conditions that would be overrun by a cold or the flu.
- Having a regular routine also helps boost your immune system during cold and flu season, believe it or not! Getting up at exactly the exact same time each morning and going to bed at exactly the exact same time each night helps regulate your body.
Also, eating at regular times, and drinking lots of water daily, will help to keep the stress level down and the germs at bay! These are all terrific ways to keep feeling healthy, avoid doctor fees and remaining away from antibiotics. Finding homeopathic cold treatments will also assist you in these areas.