A very common problem now a day is psychological disorder. It’s a very general term that covers all of the issues that are linked to our mind. These issues arise if our mind is struck harshly by internal and external issue. These issues are the facts which are consciously or subconsciously not acceptable to our thoughts.
What is happening?
This undesirable feeling of approval of the consequence of the given problem contributes to the creation of psychic disorder, which can be termed as psychological disorder. Our body’s mechanism is such that it attempts to come in harmony with itself but if the man isn’t able to come from the problem that’s prevailing, it results in mental sickness.
This causes imbalance in mind; behaviour, attitude, reactions, tolerance, ways, actions and prognosis or we can say the individual becomes abnormal in his daily activities. These conditions can involve any individual, of any age, either of both sexes, of any location and of any socioeconomic background.
Ayurveda has said lot about mental disorders under the heading”UNNMAD”. Now two kinds of queries may be sticking your mind.
- How to cure this mental illness?
- How to maintain stable frame of mind that keeps us from having these issues? Basic principal on which ayurveda was designed was how to maintain a health of a healthy individual and the way to treat a diseased individual. To start with I will mention about some urges that individual should accommodate of a calm living as stated in ayurveda. These are known as “dharniye Vega” or the urges which need to be accommodated in life.
- Should not be jealous on anybody’s success.
- Should not talk bad words to some one. 6. Should always be valuable to others.
There are certain herbs that are mentioned in ayurveda, which has wonderful effects in treating emotional disorders, and enhance brains efficiency.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) Commonly called Indian Pennywort is generally found everywhere in India particularly above 4000 ft. This herb is most extensively used in Indian system of medicine as brain tonic and stress reliever. Due to its laghu (light) gunna (property), it’s able to affect mind quite easily thus giving mind a nutrition to develop. It’s thought of as the nerve stimulant which helps in perceiving in greater reflexes in the mind. It’s regarded as a nerve-rejuvenating herb, which has been used by ayurvedic practitioners un since ages in almost any condition where mind is found influenced or in mind related ailments. Good results also have been discovered in epilepsy attacks. Its act as non-sedative tranquilizer has made it a medication which can be utilised in hypertension and anxiety. Whole plant part is employed in preparing medicines.
- Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) commonly referred to as winter cherry is one of the herbs that create wonderful effects in problems brought on by vata disorders. Its main job is to keep the stability of vata if it aggravates or become suppressed by effects of additional dosha. Due to its ushan virya (hot potency) it acts directly on shaky vata thereby helping vata to stay in stable state. Thereby having great effect on nervous system, circulatory system in addition to joint related issues. Ashwagandha plays major role in suppressing stress and hypertension. It’s proved very affective in relieving tension and stress related issues. It has given wonderful effects in joint pains and arthritic problems. Additionally, it has proven it worth in enhancing body resistance and bodies overall strength to fight against the illness. It has also been found effective in treating fatigue and mental fatigue of the body. Good results in depression and other psychological disorders also have been seen.
A rich combination of herbs enjoys Brahmi, ashwagandha, mulethi, reddish chandan and vacha. It blends of strongest herbs which have time proven effects in promoting mental health and fighting mental disorders. As mentioned previously ashwagandha and Brahmi has a terrific efficacy in treating mental illness along with it memocare comprises mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), which can be sheet (cold) virya in property can help in enhancing mental strength and increase mental alertness. It’s been rated among the greatest medya rasayan as stated by charaka in his book charak samhita.
Due to its property it has also been found very effective in treating hypertension and anxiety. It’s been found effective in controlling depression and brain related issues. It has also been found effective in treating headaches and rheumatoid arthritis. Additionally, it possesses properties that result in development of excellent quality of sperms. It’s been found helpful in providing strength to our nervous system and therefore valuable in countering nervous disease. Being sheet virya in property it finds use in skin related issues.
In addition to mulethi it also comprises Vacha (Acorus calmus) commonly called sweet flag is an herb very much in use in India currently by ayurvedic physicians. Its main property is of ushan virya which make is kapha vata suppressor and pitta increaser. Its activities also have the property of pain reliever and anti inflammatory. It’s usually found in moist climatic condition with the elevation of 6000 feet. Because of its property it’s also famous for anti depressant and anxiety reliever. Moreover it’s also look at good as brain tonic. It improves general body condition and aids in marinating normal mental structure. Plant part used is root and lower portion of stem.